If your thinking about applying for support these are the question you will get asked.
Please make sure you can articulate your problem, solution, product, what makes you unique and that you understand what product market fit is, along with having key numbers like revenue and your last round valuation to hand (if you have raised money).
Note: It may help to have your answers to the questions ready beforehand as it will make filling in the form quicker.
At the end of the from bonus points are given if you can upload your investor deck or even a Loom!
The form is smart, so depending on your answers you will get different questions e.g. UK based founders will skip a bunch of questions.
Page 1 - super simple
- First name
- Your startup name
- Startup Website
- Are you a founder in this startup?
- What is your title?
- Your LinkedIn profile (please add)
Page 2 - understanding where you are at
- Do you currently live in the UK?
- What help do you need?
- How many business do you currently run?
- How did you hear about us?
- What dealmakers on the Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) have you talked to? - only get’s asked if you’ve selected GEP or DBT
Page 3 - only gets asked to international founders (not based in the UK)
- What country are you currently based in?
- Is this different to your country of birth
- Country of birth
- Roughly when do you plan to come to the UK?
- Do you know where in the UK you would like to be based?
- How good is your English
- What industry is your startup in?
Page 3 - about your startup
This page takes the most time, please note that some questions have a character limit. See product market fit, article here that will help you answer these questions.
- How do/will you make money
- What stage is your startup
- Can you describe your startup in a tweet? (280 characters)
- What problem do you solve? (500 character)
- What does your solution look like (500 character)
- Describe your current product (500 character)
- What makes you unique? (500 character)
- Have you achieved Product Market Fit yet? (read this article on PMF)
Page 4 - have your numbers ready for this one
- How many clients do you have?
- How many founders are in the business?
- How many employees do you have?
- On average what is your current monthly revenue? (£ GPB)
- What will your monthly revenue be in 12 months time? (£ GPB)
- How many markets do you currently operate in?
- How many investment rounds have you had?
- How much money in total have you raised? (£ GPB)
- What was the post money valuation of your last round? (£ GPB)
- Personally, including this current startup, how many startups have you built?
Page 5 - the final page and one for bonus points
- Upload your pitch deck as PDF. Read our guide to the perfect pitch deck here.
- Add a Loom video below - Loom lets you record a video of you delivering your pitch deck. Their basic product is free but a PROMO CODE can be found here.