The Global Entrepreneur Programme is a globally focused initiative run by the UK Government's Department of Business and Trade. Its aim is to attract highly skilled entrepreneurial talent and their innovative businesses to the UK.
- Accelerate - The best global startups and scaleups who can flourish by moving the the UK
- Simplify - The process in moving here, launching and raising money
- Endorse - Your innovator VISA
- Support - Your expansion here through free Dealmaker mentorship, Alumni Programme and more…
GEP Who qualifies?
- High growth business (startups) that want to establish their global HQ in the UK
- You are more than just and idea, you are generating revenues or have early stage IP
- You have understand how expanding in the UK can help your businesses accelerate
- The best - quite simply we want to talk to the best scaling ventures no matter where they are in the world!
Those who qualify get
- To use the Department of Business and Trade logos as an approved GEP company
- A dedicated Dealmaker to help mentor your launch in the UK (free six months support)
- Free endorsement for the UK’s Innovator Visa (you may incur other costs like insurance)
- Access to the Alumni programme
- Invitation to Government events and workshops
Tell me about the Complementary Dealmaker Support
Every approved company get’s matched to a local UK Dealmaker to help support your journey. Click on the “▶︎” below to learn more about the support they provide.
Dealmakers are a core part of the Global Entrepreneur Program. These are people who are successful entrepreneurs and have scaled and sold business in the past. They are the main connection you will have to the program helping mentor and support you.
Dealmakers are like part-time founders in residence for the government, leveraging their own founder and investor journey to help connect, support startups globally and showcase the opportunities in the UK.
Dealmakers endeavour to help create a soft landing for your business by connecting you relevant government processes (like Visas), partners, investors, employees and more…
We have dedicated Dealmakers in the UK and around the world in major countries and regions. When collectively combined with DIT's global reach this gives you support to sale in the UK and beyond.
No - often the companies will keep some type of operations or R&D in their country of origin
The program is Free, but we expect you to be committed to grow in the UK with at least one Founder locating here for the majority of the year.
It's fairly quick, typically taking between 3-6 months
Normally the program endorses a three year innovation visa for the Founders and their family
Yes, from R&D to tax incentives for investors (S/EIS), to opportunities in the region outside of London