A cap table highlights who owns what shares in your company at any given point in time.
Some top tips:
- Build a three round model, where you have a good idea about the value of the company over time, what you will need to raise and how this affects founder equity.
- Three round models make you realise it’s not about the next rounds valuation, it’s about future rounds… ultimately the last round!
- The founders of the business need to have an absolute minimum of 50% equity in the business at series A or larger investors (VC’s) won’t invest. Therefore don’t give to much away too early!
- Factor in employee options
- Employee options that are not issued should ideally come back to the founders
You can even export it to excel if you want 🤯
Simply follow the instructions at the top of the sheet and enjoy!